Short Term Mission Trips
Short term mission trips are an important part of supporting our partners in their efforts to provide comprehensive care to orphans in developing nations.
OPPORTUNITIES TO SERVE IN: HAITI. KENYA. ZAMBIA.
Short term trips are also a great way for individuals, churches, and businesses to connect with the heart of our ministry to those in greatest need. Trips are scheduled throughout the year and typically require no specific skills or experience other than a desire to serve others.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- HOB Trips to Haiti and Ukraine last 8 days. Typically these trips leave on a Friday and returning the following Saturday. 50% of our trip costs are for airfare so trip pricing can vary until tickets are purchased.
- HOB Trips to Kenya, Uganda, and Zambia last 15 days. 50% of our trip costs are for airfare so trip pricing varies until tickets are purchased.
- HOB Mission Trip costs are figured from the airport closest to you and include all airfare, lodging, food and transportation. Food at the airport and souvenirs are not included and are the responsibility of each team member.
- Trips are classified into Closed Trips: For groups who have a prior relationship and want to travel together; and Open Trips: Which are open to anyone who wants to submit an application for consideration.
WHAT WILL YOU DO ON AN HOB TRIP?
Team members on an HOB Trip will serve in at least two of the following ways:
- Discipleship (ie. VBS, Group Studies, Teaching, Pastoral Training)
- Construction (Skilled and/or Unskilled; Light and/or Heavy)
- Evangelism/Outreach (Children, Adults)
NOTE: We're always looking for medical professionals to lead a short term medical mission trip.
Contact Kristi at email@example.com or 850. 678.9008 if you or someone you know is interested.
2016 TRIP SCHEDULE
ZAMBIA, April 8 - 21 (closed)
KENYA, June 20 - July 1 (closed)
ZAMBIA, June 23 - July 9 (closed)
HAITI, June 24- July 1 (open)
Business Seminar and Loan Program - Two slots open to potential ministry investors, or business leaders
KENYA, July 20- July 30 (open)
Day camps for orphans and vulnerable kids, village outreach ministries
KENYA September 4-18 (closed)
HAITI, October 15-22 (open)
projects and activities at our school for orphans with community outreach repairing homes of widows and elderly
2017 TRIP SCHEDULE (so far)
INDIA, January 20-28 (open)
Vision Trip - Come minister to the kids, staff and families of Nirikshea school and learn how you can help advocate and lead others to get involved.
INDIA, April 7-15 (open)
Help us lead a VBS for over 200 kids as an outreach to the community where Nirikshea school ministers. Lots of hands needed.
HAITI, June (open)
This trip will include day camps for kids, ministry at the school, and community projects for widows and elderly in extreme poverty. A great trip for a dad or mom with a teen.
KENYA, July/August (14 days - open)
If you're a leader interested in scheduling a group trip or want to be notified of future trip opportunities contact Kristi at 850.678.9008 or Kristi@heartofthebride.org to start planning your trip.
WATCH THIS MOVING VIDEO PUT TOGETHER BY A SHORT TERM TEAM