Step One: Download the adoption aid grant application packet here.
Step Two: Submit each of the following items to Heart of the Bride:
- Completed and signed adoption aid grant application packet
- Copy of your most recent income tax return
- Copy of recent (two months) check stubs for all reported income earners. Please note if you are self-employed you must provide the last two months of your business/personal bank account statements to show proof of income.
- Copy of your approved and current home study* [Note: If your state laws prevent your home study from being released to you or a third party (e.g. Colorado), you must provide a statement signed by your agency confirming that you have a successful home study on file and that you have been approved to adopt the child with whom you are matched.] *If a home study is not required for your adoption (relative/kinship adoption) or if you are pursuing a domestic adoption of a specific child over the age of one (typically a former foster child or a subsequent adoption), you may still apply without a home study.
- Two (2) letters of reference – most applicants will make copies of the letters of reference that were used to obtain their home study.
Step Three: Mail printed application and documents to:
Heart of the Bride
Attn Adoption Aid Grant Application Processing
P.O. Box 786
Niceville, FL 32588
Please note: The grant application process can take up to 60 days.